Fundraising and Development Associate
INTEMPO – Stamford, CT
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Exempt; $40,000 – $45,000 per year
Founded in 2011, INTEMPO is a Stamford, CT-based non-profit arts and youth-development organization whose mission is to make music education relevant, accessible, and inclusive through the use of classical and cross-cultural instruments and repertoire.
The Fundraising and Development Associate will work collaboratively with the executive director and grants manager to implement fundraising and development strategies to support current growth and to position INTEMPO for continued and expanded growth. They will assist in expanding the organization’s fundraising capacity, raising its visibility, and positioning it as a leader among music education and youth development groups serving low income children of Fairfield County.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Creating, researching, managing, executing, and maintaining fundraising activities and strategies;
- Assisting, managing, and executing of donor relations and development programs – solicitation and direct mail campaigns, annual appeals; summer program appeals, and any other campaigns/programs, etc.;
- Consistent, accurate, and timely tracking of memberships, donations, grants, and in-kind contributions
- Assisting with coordinating special events and providing appropriate event analysis;
- Preparing, implementing, and/or overseeing marketing, communications, and public relations strategies and materials including progress reports that can provide a detailed information about INTEMPO’s fundraising impact;
- Serving as the main contact with all new donors, partners, and/or sponsors and other stakeholders including acknowledgements, etc.
- Reviewing and evaluating fundraising goals and strategies and identify opportunities for growth and improved efficiency
- Working with the grants manager to help sustain current grants and seek out new grants by assisting with grant preparation, review, management and/or oversight of grant proposals, submissions and reporting;
- Advising on and maintaining donor management systems data including organization’s donor list
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 2 to 3 years of experience in fundraising, sales, and/or marketing;
- Computer, internet and social media literacy, and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs;
- Ability to travel to community sites throughout Fairfield County;
- Commitment to INTEMPO’s mission, respect for the work of our nonprofit partners, and to providing exemplary service to our clients;
- Professional demeanor and ability to speak with a variety of individuals including community members and families, high-level donors, and public officials.
- Writing powerful stories with clear calls to action that motivate people to contribute using an organizational voice guide (which you can also influence);
- Defining meaningful metrics for your work and holding yourself and your colleagues accountable to hitting those goals;
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks;
- Comfort asking questions, receiving feedback, supporting multiple workstyles and providing constructive criticism of systems;
- Experience with social media analytics, Google analytics, and other data tools
- An international background and/or ability to speak multiple languages, especially Spanish, fluently.
Flex time and vacation time
Write “Fundraising and Development Associate” in the subject line and email a resume and cover letter detailing your availability and interest to email@example.com.
INTEMPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.intempo.org.